2.09.2010

Day 6

Today, I have to reflect on the way love changes you.

Instead of waking up these days, and thinking "I'm hungry."
I think, "I wonder if Kevin is awake."
(Shortly followed by, "I'm hungry.")

When I shop online now, I always look at the boys section.
I buy two cookies at Subway instead of one.
I smile when I see couples who are happy,
Because I know how they feel.

I can't help but bring him into every conversation,
And brag about how he is studying Neuroscience,
Or is awesome at basketball,
Or made me laugh so hard I choked on my water at dinner.

And when I pray at night,
I pray for Kevin and myself.
But mostly for the two of us as a team.
Collectively.

And so I guess you could say that love has made me less selfish.
And more myself.
Because being selfish,
Was never really me to begin with.

10 comments:

a tree called life said...

Mandy.
You are so lovely!
Your posts make me happy!
Thanks. :)

Melissa said...

So cute. I like you guys together so much!

Sheryl said...

you help me love...love.

Heather said...

Mands you really need a ring!!!! we are all waiting

Amanda Bolton said...

It is like you took the words out of my mouth. It is crazy what love does. It makes you realize who you truly are and your potential. It is nice having someone along for the journey!

Brittany said...

I'm so happy you are happy.
Lovely people deserve love, I think.

Cory and Lyndsey said...

This post warms my heart :) it was the same for me, and stil is when we were dating and now that we are married

Unknown said...

Mandy this was so beautiful, I got chills that started in my head--that only happens when I read something particularly beautiful.

Wow I love this post. I've got to read it again.

Jessica said...

pretty mands.
i love how in love you are.

Melissa Call Edel1010 said...

Mandy - I am loving your Love Countdown to Valentine's Day.
You define love better than anyone I know.

Also, thanks for following!!