Kevin and I decided we want to visit a new place in the U.S. every year. This year it was San Francisco! We went a couple weeks ago with Julie and DJ. We spent five days there, doing mostly touristy things but all fell in love with the place. Even though it was a little cold for us Phoenix people, we decided we could totally live there.
Our first night in the hotel, the fire alarm went off at midnight for a full hour. Something was wrong with it and they made an announcement for us not to evacuate. Honestly, it was one of the most annoying moments of my life, just sitting there, so tired with that blaring alarm going off. Kevin rigged a contraption with blankets and the ironing board to dull it and it helped a little, but not enough. They ended up refunding our night there which was nice, but throughout the trip it kept going off in the middle of the night, just never as long as the first time. We can definitely laugh about it now but at the time it was NOT funny. I need my sleep :)
Highlights of the trip include:
- Crepes on the pier
- Giordano Bros - Cheap and amazing sandwiches
- De Young Museum
- Aquarium on the Wharf
- California Academy of Science
- Giants Game - (Best stadium food ever!)
- Boat tour of the Golden Gate Bridge/Alcatraz
- Spotting dolphins beneath the GG Bridge
- Lots of crazies on the bus. One guy repeatedly tried to give me his drivers license, telling me that if I wanted it I could have it. ?
- Hearts every night with Trader Joes treats
- Chai Yo Thai two nights in a row - Thanks to Kristen for her recommendations here
- Ghirardelli Square - Super overpriced but the smell alone is worth going for
- Talks with Julie about anything and everything on our long walks
- Lands End Hike - My favorite thing we did
Gorgeous gallery wall in our hotel lobby
I had to sneak a picture at the De Young museum of this gorgeous painting because it reminds me of my sisters.
Lands End Hike