1.06.2011

Beauty

Photobucket

Photobucket

In a world rife with ugliness and hatred, it is easy to become carried away in it, feeling like there is no escape. I see so much ugly surrounding me, making its way into my life and my environment. And maybe there is no escape. Maybe we have to learn to be here amidst the ugly, and find beauty somehow. To make our homes, our relationships, our lives clean from all of the negative and crude and terrible things.

This new year more than any other, I am aware of my ability to cleanse my life from ugliness. I feel inspired to make everything around me positive, illuminated, and creative. I have always been told that beauty comes from within but I am finally starting to believe it.

When the inside is beautiful, the outside follows.

images via Coach.

7 comments:

Ashley said...

Last year was full of a lot of ugly, cold realities of the world for my family and I and this year I'm trying to do the same! :) Good luck to you!

Annie said...

my goal is to find moments of celebration throughout the year. to find beauty in the mess for myself, yes, but maybe also for others. the world is waiting on beauty. "When the inside is beautiful, the outside follows." love that. so wonderfully said.

Griffin and Gretchen said...

That's my goal too! It's harder then it looks...to overlook and forget the ugly. But it's def worth it.

Shay said...

This is so beautiful, Mandy. It is so sad how much ugly is out there right now but I read on another blog the other day how much our environment lets us truly see beauty when we want to. Have a great day!

Dee Paulino said...

Beauty truly comes from within, but protecting ourselves from the ugly is definitely a challenged.

Anonymous said...

Great idea! I'm doing the SAME thing!

mandyface said...

a purse of flowers?! i LOVE it!