2.14.2010

Day 9

I suppose,
Love in all of its many forms is beautiful.

I do not pretend to be the expert on love,
Because I don't believe that love is something you fall into.
I believe it is something you learn to do.

It doesn't fix you.
It won't solve your problems.
It won't make a sad person happy,
Or an insecure person secure.

But what it does?

It teaches you to trust.
It enables you to forget yourself.
It motivates you to continue.
(at least the real kind).

Thanks for experiencing this countdown with me.

Happy Valentines Day Friends.

6 comments:

stephanie said...

That was the perfect description of love. I hope you have a lovely Valentin's Day, dear. xo

Michelle said...

I love what you pointed out! I think that so many people think that being in love with someone will solve their problems and insecurities... when really it is how you said! You have to love yourself first and foremost before you can fully love another person.

Thanks so much for doing this wonderful countdown! I enjoyed reading it every day!

Lizzy said...

I love you Mands! And I completely agree with this.

Brittany said...

I hope your day was wonderful, Mandy. I really loved your countdown. Thank you thank you.

stephanie said...

P.S. I posted a link to the recipes as an edit on my post. You should definitely try them because they were both to die for! xo

Anonymous said...

Your blog has such a cozy warm feeling to it. love the photographs and the poems/prose that go along with them :) I'm now following