8.27.2010

Bridesmaid Gifts

Since I have four of my own sisters, and Kevin has two, I decided to ask them to be my bridesmaids instead of friends, since my sisters and now sisters-in-law are my best friends anyway. My sister Melissa truly believes that gift wrapping is as important as the gift itself, so I decided to make the bridesmaid gifts beautiful while still keeping them inexpensive.

I started with these simple white jewelery boxes. Since they are white I figured they would match with almost everything. They cost .83 cents each at xpedx.

Then I found these Laura Ashley cards at Roberts. 10 for $1.


The necklaces I opted for as the gift were $9.00 each at Forever21. They are pink pearls, and five strands of varying lengths. I bought them so all of the bridesmaids would look unified, since I decided I wanted them to buy their own dresses in different shades of gray. They were able to cut off different strands of their necklaces so some were long and some were short. I love how their different styles all turned out.


I made pink and white tissue flowers using this tutorial for the toppers. Then I placed the card under the necklace, and with the see-through top of the box it looked dramatically different. You could also put wallpaper or gift wrap on the bottom of the box.



Cute gifts are not only so much more fun to get, they are so much more fun to give.
Photos of the bridesmaids coming soon!

8 comments:

Laura said...

Great idea! Those necklaces are really pretty. :)

L x
Half Dressed

Anonymous said...

love this!!!! can't wait to see the pics!

Emily Meyerhoffer said...

That is so cute, and so thoughful and nice of you!

I also can't wait to see the pictures!

Michelle said...

so cute! I really need to work on getting better at creating thoughtful, simple gifts. Thanks for the example!

Melissa said...

I can't believe how lucky I was to get one of these! And the wrapping really was beautiful, thanks for making it so pretty. I loved the card so much, it's on our fridge. I'm so glad you're home! :)

Love Cami. said...

aww love these.. i think wrapping could be considered an art form. and i think you have a gift.

i need to come visit you, when i do, you will know.

all the frames are thrifted except the big, intricate, oval frame. it's from ikea and everyone and their dog owns one, so i painted mine to add a little somein somein. it comes black.

ps. congrats on marriage! i hope life is lovely.

Annah said...

God those are some pretty great gifts. I'm sure they will LOVE THEM

paddle to shore said...

beautiful!!