4.13.2011

My Friends















































































































I have the best friends, and I have for as long as I can remember. I think without them I would have been an anti-social bookworm, but because of them I did funny things, and trespassed more, and threw more parties than I would ever dream of.

Because of them I don't take myself so seriously, and because of them I feel like there is so much hope for this world. We used to talk about someday opening our own private communities with our families. Katie would be the doctor and Laura would be the nurse. Liz would design the landscape, Heather would be the banker, Maddi would run the community bakery and Tia would teach our kids at school. Chrissy would be the high school teacher, Becca the soccer coach, Danika would do our taxes, and Stacey would be our personal trainer. Bryan would keep us laughing (and teach seminary. She would be so good at that,) Rachael would decorate our homes with beautiful art and I would run the community library, or be the community poet laureate I haven't decided :)

We all felt like with our differences we could keep our whole community afloat. I think it sounds like the best idea ever. We are all going our separate ways now with husbands and school and even kids, but every time we are together it feels like no time has passed. I feel so lucky. Love you girls.

10 comments:

Griffin and Gretchen said...

It's good to have good friends :)

Laura said...

Oh how our lives have changed but our friendship never will. I miss everyone like crazy but summer will be here before you know it! Love you :)

Caroline at Her Own Eden said...

nothing is better than having amazing girl friends. they make the most mundane tasks lasting memories and turn horrible situations into something you can laugh about :)

Rachael said...

ahhh this made me miss being all together. I Love our friends so much!

Heather said...

Mands I wasn't having a very good day with stress at work and last day of classes, and this just made me feel so much better about life. I love you and I love our dear girls. Thank you for this post, and it is not too late to start our community. :)

Bryan said...

This is really sweet.
and seminary...ha ha ha

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love it!! I love our friends...and I can't wait to live so close to all of you!

Catherine said...

Love this! I feel the same way about my friends. We're all in such different spots in life, yet we can still laugh and talk about everything like nothing's changed.

Christa said...

hello...why am I not in on the comminity. Dang I didn't make the cut! :)

Lizzy said...

Aah I love this! We really do have the best friends ever... I miss everyone so much! I can't wait for our future community.