5.05.2011

Cinco

Something about this day just gets me. I don't know much about Mexico, but I really love celebrating Cinco de Mayo. The bright colors, the mariachi music, and the chips and guacamole. Such a happy holiday. I used to get annoyed when people recognized holidays like Cinco de Mayo and St. Patrick's Day, but now I think any reason to celebrate is worthwhile. If it makes you happy, and gives you something to look forward to - there is no harm in that at all.

(p.s. In the spirit of Cinco, I went to Zumba last night. So sore I can barely type. Do you Zumba?)

photos via

8 comments:

Kassie said...

I know what you mean! I always thought it was strange, but now I think it's just such a happy, fun mini-holiday!

Julie said...

Did you have fun? I really like Zumba. I'm excited to go with you once life settles down a little. We'll get into our routine and it'll be great.

Erin said...

I'll take any excuse to eat Mexican food!
I love love love Zumba. So fun and it feels so good. As soon as I feel confident in my little white booty, I'll be an instructor.

Unknown said...

i just started zumba a little over a month ago and i can't get enough! dancing is my favorite exercise.

Alex said...

Zumba is SO fun. I'd love to do it on a regular basis, but classes here are so high!

Brittany said...

I mainly just like the excuse to eat more guac and chips.

And I need to get into Zumba. Running is just not fun.

the mrs. said...

i hate exercising and running. but gosh i love zumba :)

Logan said...

I love Zumba. But I havn't been since December. I think I should start going again! I miss it