book club and other things
1. After some thought, I decided that at the first meeting of the book club, we won't actually discuss a book. I feel like in order to really communicate with each other, we have to get to know each other, and I don't want to take up anyone's precious time by doing both. I'm planning on March 31st at 11:00 am. If you haven't emailed me, I have no way of getting you my address and directions, so please do that if you haven't already. For those not able to attend in person, I promise I will still keep you updated here on what is next. It is going to be a total party and I can't wait.
2. I met up with my friend Laura in Anaheim last week. She drove me to Downtown Disney. We rode the tram and the cold felt so good. We ate at a taco shop and cheered with our glass soda bottles and never ran out of new things to say. I was so sad to say goodbye to her. I wish I could keep everyone I love closer to me.
3. I missed writing Jessica two weeks in a row. (That should say something about how busy I have been.) She wrote me an email saying, "Loser, It's been two weeks. Write me. Lots of love, little sis :)" I miss that girl so painfully much.
4. I finished seasons 1 and 2 of Downtown Abbey. I would like to think I am a Sibyl but my co-worker assured me I am definitely a Mary. After finishing I may have searched hopelessly for a flight to London.
5. Kevin's birthday is in March which means it is his birthday month which means I can't complain about the large amounts of March Madness going on at our place. Birthday months are sacred to us. I think God knew what he was doing when he sent Kevin down in March.
6. This clothing fast is harder than I thought it would be. A friend had to physically pull an item from my grasp at the checkout, knowing I would feel guilty if I made the purchase.
7. I felt a little bit of springtime today. Everything changes in the spring which is good and hard and I finally feel like I am ready for it.