2.27.2010

this movie was poetry



I have never seen a film that was sheer poetry.
Of course it was only appropriate that this one was about Keats,
My favorite romantic poet.

If you are looking for a thriller - this is not for you.
But if you are looking for the most wonderful
Juxtaposition of images, words and emotion -
I have never seen a film quite like this.
It was like synaesthesia.

Bright star, would I were stedfast as thou art--
Not in lone splendour hung aloft the night
And watching, with eternal lids apart,
Like nature's patient, sleepless Eremite,
The moving waters at their priestlike task
Of pure ablution round earth's human shores,
Or gazing on the new soft-fallen mask
Of snow upon the mountains and the moors--
No--yet still stedfast, still unchangeable,
Pillow'd upon my fair love's ripening breast,
To feel for ever its soft fall and swell,
Awake for ever in a sweet unrest,
Still, still to hear her tender-taken breath,
And so live ever--or else swoon to death

Thanks Kev-friend.
Best date of my life.

8 comments:

Mandy. said...

it was amazing if i do say so myself.
i love love loved it with all my ♥.
happy day darling.
Yours, Miss Tandy
XoxOxOX

stephanie said...

I still haven't seen it! I've been wanting to since I took a class on British Romanticism last semester. Keats is so lovely. xo

Michelle said...

I've been wanting to see this! thanks for reminding me about it!

looks sooo beautiful

Ashley said...

I just watched this last Sunday! It was a truly beautiful and moving film! It definitely made me want to learn more about John Keats! :)

Love Cami. said...

this is my favorite movie. it speaks to my soul. and the imagery is incredible.

Brittany said...

i need to see this movie! you have such great taste; i'm sure i'll love it too. thanks for the reminder.

sheena said...

I have been hearing so much about this...I have to see it soon! thanks for the review:)

Anonymous said...

I've been meaning to see this. It looks like an excellent adaptation.