Kevin always says that when I love something, I love it until I wear it out. That happens with a lot of things - food, clothes, movies, books, friends (just kidding about that one.) Since I am going through some major phases right now, I thought I'd share some of the things that I am kind of into right now.
1. Pesto. My sister Lacey got me hooked on this stuff, and lately I've made about two batches a week. I put it on everything - pizza, toast, pasta. My favorite is just with regular pasta and some raw parmesan cheese - not melted. This recipe is my favorite. I usually do a blend of spinach/arugula since that is all my grocery store carries and it turns out great.
2. The Mindy Project. You all already knew I had a girl crush on her, but I was a little skeptical about her show from the previews. Now I look forward to a new episode every week. It is freaking hilarious. Please watch. (Also I am into Ben and Kate, New Girl, and almost every other show on tv. I have so much time alone that it's kind of become my "family". Orwell was right on that one.)
3. I don't just watch television, contrary to popular belief. Lately I have been into a really non-characteristic genre; Marriage books. Some recent reads: The Proper Care and Feeding of Marriage, Committed, (more to come on this good one) and some interesting articles my SIL Julie (marriage family therapy master's student) has sent my way. People have been asking me if my marriage is in trouble from my recent reads, but to be honest - I think they are fascinating! I'm learning a lot. Also, our marriage is not "in trouble". Sheesh.
4. Hot tubbing. It's the perfect temperature at night for hot tubbing in AZ. The pool is a little too cold, and the hot tub is too hot for the day. As gross as it may sound, me and my new friends in Arizona have spent hours the past few weeks in the hot tub past 9 pm. I've really learned to love that thing, and the star gazing with the open Arizona skies is the best.
5. Classical music. So boring I know, but Kevin loves it which I think is adorable, and while I have always loved it, I never listened to it. I think it's because I grew up playing it for hours a day. Now that I don't practice like I used to, it's been fun to reacquaint myself.
After re-reading this post, I think it could be submitted in its entirety to Stuff White People Like. But this is the kind of thing I enjoy reading about and, since my phases change quickly, I thought it might be fun to document them.
Do you live in phases? What are your favorite things right now?
P.S. my all-time favorite thing is dry shampoo. What began as a phase has become a deep-rooted commitment to that stuff. I will never abandon it.