10.03.2012

medical school so far





I've had some people ask me how we like it here. How medical school is going, how I'm adjusting to life in Arizona, etc.

In all honesty, there are no complaints here. We love it here - we love the area, we love the people we have met, we love the apartment. Sure there are long days for Kevin and lonely days for me. (We both like to think that ours are harder) but the good days far outweigh the bad.

It's hot, but it's getting nicer and nicer every day. Kevin's brother Brad just came to visit and was complaining about the heat (about 95). Kevin and I laughed so hard. We'll take 95 degrees over 110 any day. Our pool is awesome and we go for moonlight dips when Kevin gets home super late. Those late night swims are the best part of my day.

I've also been lucky to make some awesome friends. I've had Liz from day one which makes me feel so lucky, but there have also been some other girls who have made me feel at home here. We have weekly swim night, volleyball night, girls night, and tv night so (most) of the time I don't even notice that Kevin is gone. 

The worst part is definitely Kevin's time management. He feels pressure to study all the time, even when he gets home at 10:00. Probably a lot of people can relate to this. He feels guilty when he doesn't spend a lot of time with me, but I am slowly learning to be more supportive. We've met so many people here who really want to get into medical school (they are working on master's degrees now.) It's such a blessing to be accepted at all. I'm pretty proud of him for working so hard and I'm really just grateful to be here. (I realize this sounds fake. I promise it's not. I have no problem admitting that things aren't always perfect, but overall we like it here a lot.) 

So there it is, for those who are wondering. We are happy. And we have an air mattress for visitors. Please come see us!

3 comments:

Heather said...

Midnight swims sound so fun!! I wish we had better temps here, its already getting cold!
Your aparatment place looks really nice, glad you guys are happy. I promise to call you soon! love you and miss you!

Brittany said...

So glad you're happy there. It doesn't sound fake at all.

Tia Zwick Field said...

I miss you so much! That picture of you, Kevin, Liz, and Brock is so cute. Those girls look cute and nice too. Keep up the good attitude. It doesn't sound fake! It is probably a hard transition but you're so honest and grateful in your post.